Wednesday, 10 January 2007

Geotagging Rocks!

As you may notice, on the sidebar I have a link to my flickr photostream (all the photos I have marked for public viewing).

Flickr is a great website for storing photos on, although only 200 can be stored unless you sign up for a pro account (about $25 per annum).
One of the things I like about flickr is the ability to geotag photos. Basically, this is placing your photos on a map in the location they were taken so that anyone looking at the map can see what there is to see in that area. My flickr map is located here. As you can see, I only have a few photos geotagged at the moment, but I will add to them whenever I have photo worth placing on there. Zoom in on one of the sets to see exactly where they were taken.

If you want to see everyone's geotagged photos you can go here.
Post a Comment